Saturday, February 6, 2010

I know I haven't been here in eons.

I have been...struggling. I miss Curtis. I love Claudia and Cole. I am trying to navigate my way through our days and nights. We have had a roller coaster 4 months with me having surgery, the holidays, me going back to work part time, and sick kids.

I have so much to share...but right now I am here to ask for thoughts, prayers, good vibes...whatever you can send.

Our dear Cole is currently in the hospital. He was admitted Tuesday night with a serious case of RSV. I took him to urgent care Tuesday night, honestly thinking we would get a nebulizer treatment and go home. Within 10 minutes, they had called an ambulance and we were on our way. It was such a flurry of activity I sat back and watched, paralyzed in fear. What just happened? He was just congested, right? We had no idea how bad he was...he is our little champ and had been in a good mood, acting fine...this whole time he was struggling to breathe and we didn't know it.

Just like Curtis. He was struggling to get oxygen and I didn't even know it.

We do believe Cole is on the mend. He is getting the best help and is in the best place for children who need to be hospitalized. But it has been a long road as his little body fights this. He is slow to recover from this, but he is getting there.

Thank you for anything you can send our way.

9 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Sending good, healing thoughts to your son, and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hope's Mama said...

Been thinking about you, wondering how you were going.
Hoping your Cole is ok and that he makes a speedy recovery.
Keep us posted.
Take care.

Sally xo

Ya Chun said...

scary! sounds like you caught it in time, now just take time to get better.

be strong cole!

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

Praying that little Cole recovers quickly!! I'm sure this has you on edge but we're here to listen if you need to let it out!
xo
Ashley

Beth said...

Will be praying for Cole. I'm sorry you miss Curtis so badly.. good to hear from you.

Mrs.Spit said...

Sending hugs and prayers and every kind of good thought.

Anonymous said...

Prayers of healing and peace

Cibele said...

I hope your baby feels better soon. Last year in Feb my girl had the same thing, it was scary but as soon as she got the proper care she was fine... we stayed 5 days tota at the hospitall. This year she tested positive again for RSV and I was scared to death, but since she is older now she did not need to go to the hospital. I am glad that you took her to the doctor, I also thought that Lyla was just congested. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.. I just saw this. Hopefully Cole's home and doing well now. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

~~Jennie